UBU SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD
What is a Cookie
Cookies are very small text files that may be stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website, enable images or click on a link in an email.
If you would like to know more about what a Cookie is, you can consider the following site:
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Additionally to Cookies, we may use Log Files or Web Beacons.
Log Files help us to track the actions occurring on the website. This may include data about your IP address, browser type, internet service provider and referring pages.
Web Beacons or “tags” or “pixels” are used to record how you browse the website.
What types of Cookies do we use
We use the following cookies on our website:
- Session CookiesThese cookies are temporary and only exist for the period you browse our website.Once you move to a different website or close your browser these cookies no longer exist.The purpose of these cookies is to allow our website to link your actions during your session.
- Persistent CookiesThese are permanent cookies which are stored on your device (mobile or computer) until you delete them or they expire according to a fixed expiry date.Persistent Cookies remember your preferences or actions on our website and enable us to ensure a better experience each time you visit.We use these for various reasons, including remembering your preferences and choices and displaying relevant advertising messages.
- First-Party CookiesThese are cookies owned and created by us. We use these to ensure the smooth functioning of our website and to enhance your experience.
- Third-Party CookiesThese cookies are owned and created by another company (the third party).
The third party provides us with a service which requires that they have cookies on our website, such as social media sharing, website analytics or content remarketing.Examples of Third-Party Cookies we use are Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel.Should you wish to receive a full list of the cookies we use please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to disable cookies
You can stop your browser from accepting cookies by changing the settings on your web browser.
The following sites can assist you in changing your cookie settings:
Please note that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of our website. We recommend allowing cookies so that you can enjoy the full experience of our website.
UBU SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD
- The purpose of processing personal data
- Processing personal data in order to provide you with our servicesIn order to provide you with our services, it is necessary to process personal data.This data is used to conclude transactions and allows you to use and enjoy our applications.
We process the following personal data points:
The legal basis for the processing of this personal data is:
- physical address; and
- physical location
- section 11(1)(a) and (b) of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPI”); and
- Article 6 (1) (a) and (b) of the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
- Processing personal data for marketing purposes
The purpose of the processing is to reach existing, potential and former vendors and customers in order to market our services.The legal basis for the processing of this personal data is:
- section 11(1)(a) of POPI; and
- Article 6 (1) (a) of GDPR.
- Processing personal data in collaboration partners and contractorsUBU processes personal data in collaboration with partners and contractors for the purpose of delivering its services and the exchange of goods and services. Personal data processed may be names, phone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses and invoice information. The legal basis for processing this data is the agreements UBU has entered into with each collaboration partner and contractor.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that personal data is processed at a level of security appropriate to the risk, e.g. ensuring confidentiality, availability and integrity of the personal data.
- Recipients of the personal data and the use of subcontractorsWe do not disclose and/or share your personal data to third parties except where it is necessary for fulfilling our legal obligations.For some administrative purposes, we use subcontractors (processors). We have secured that the processing is in accordance with the requirements of GDPR and POPI by entering into data processing agreements with the data processor. The data processing agreements also ensure that personal data may not be used for any other purpose.
- The data subject’s rights
As a data subject, you may require:
If consent is the legal basis for the processing of your personal data, you may at any time withdraw your consent by contacting us at email@example.com
You are entitled to complain to the South African Information regulation about how we process personal data at firstname.lastname@example.org
- access to;
- correction of; and/or
- deletion of personal data related to the data subject.
- Storage time
Storing personal data will take place as long as it is necessary for the purpose of the processing. We will not store your personal data beyond this, unless there is another legal basis for the processing.
- Contact information of the data controllerIf you have any questions on how we process your personal data, please contact: email@example.com